I’m really excited to announce the first event in a series we’ll be hosting here in New York (with help from other Hackers & Founders meetups throughout the country) on the topic of getting press for your company. We’re calling it Demystifying PR for Startups: Identifying Your Target Message and Your Reporter on November 17 at Dogpatch Labs.
After speaking with many of you throughout the last year and a half, it became apparent that there was lots of interest in learning the ins/outs of getting buzz and how do go about doing it, smartly. I’m thrilled to have the following speakers and panelists from different ends of the table for an open discussion on what worked, what didn’t, how did you do it, etc.
- James Moran and Vin Vacanti, Founders at Yipit: Featured in over a dozen publications like The New York Times, Wired Magazine and national TV
- Ben Kessler, Director of Communications at SeatGeek: Ben previously worked at LaunchSquad PR, a boutique agency that serviced top-notch tech startups like SeetGeek.
- Jordan Goldman, Founder at Unigo: Jordan is master of getting press and telling stories, with Uniqo covered in a New York Time’s magazine expose and literally every other major outlet out there.
- Nick Saint, Reporter, Business Insider/SAI
- Erica Swallow, Assistant Editor, Mashable: Erica covers social media, small business and the latest trends for one of the largest blogs in the world.
- Devindra Hardawar, Lead Mobile Writer, VentureBeat
- Adam Isserlis, Director of Digital Media at Rubenstein Communications: Although Rubenstein is famous for their account with the New York Yankees, Adam’s led the agency’s digital efforts in recent years with key relationships throughout the industry.
To RSVP, please subscribe on Plancast: http://plancast.com/p/2oyi
Looking forward to seeing you all there!
P.S. I’m also working on putting together some event sponsors to help cover the cost of food/drink before the panel starts. If you’re interested or know anyone who is, please forward them my way.
Update with recorded video of the panel below.